Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Default Mexifornia State Flower - Revisited

On the previous forum I had a running thread about the proliferation of Marijuana grows in my reletively quiet neck of the woods. It continues seemingly without abatement as this recent article from The Record-Searchlight illustrates.

I am not a consumer, but I will be voting in favor of legalization of pot for the sole purpose of stifling the growth of illicit Mexican cartel activity in the forest lands nearby.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jul...a-county-mont/

Quote:
300K marijuana plants destroyed in Shasta County this month
By Ryan Sabalow

Originally published 10:28 a.m., July 20, 2010
Updated 10:28 a.m., July 20, 2010

It’s been a busy month so far in the efforts to eradicate illegal marijuana gardens in the north state's backcountry.

Nearly 300,000 marijuana plants have been pulled from illegal gardens in Shasta County so far this month, said Sgt. Steve Solus, who heads the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office marijuana eradication efforts.

Solus said the busts will easily eclipse the record number of 630,000 plants pulled in Shasta County last year.

“We only got started last month” because of a late spring, Solus said.

Law enforcement officials have pulled more than 92,000 plants from illegal gardens in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest this month alone, forest spokeswoman Rita Vollmer said today.

The largest garden was near Hayfork, in which 46,000 plants were found in a single garden, Vollmer said.

Forest service law enforcement officers also arrested one man, Gauldry Almonte-Hernandez, of Mexico who ran during a raid on July 9 near Hayfork, Vollmer said.

Solus said that his agents have arrested around 20 suspects in connection with the grows. Most the suspects were Mexican growers arrested on suspicion of federal drug trafficking charges, he said.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
I am not a consumer, but I will be voting in favor of legalization of pot for the sole purpose of stifling the growth of illicit Mexican cartel activity in the forest lands nearby.
Strawberries are legal, and with that comes farmworkers who are still in cahoots with the cartels. The difference would end up being, when you catch the illegal growers of dope, you can charge them and deport them. Strawberry pickers though will be able to collect WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, and free education for their offspring. Who will need it when they grow up too, because they will also be smoking weed
Old 07-20-2010, 08:53 PM

Yes. I too will be voting yes on Proposition 19.

The legalization of cannabis for adult personal use in California is going to turn a lot of things around. The drug cartels in Mexico will suffer the most from the resulting crash in the price of marijuana. The "medical marijuana" dispensaries they have been most certainly selling to will evaporate over night. Gone. Did you know that these dispensaries have been actually fighting Prop 19? They are saying all kinds of weird stuff like cannabis will be turned over to huge corporations and the variety of stuff that you get on the street -- oh, I mean at the clinic -- will fall and so will the quality.

Anyone who thinks they are opposed to the legalization of marijuana has got to confront the reality of the "medical marijuana" dispensaries. Everybody knows that for all effective purposes, "medical marijuana" is just a license to get high and the people who are selling it, got there because they were dealing it on the street at one time. If the stuff were medicine, then how come they are still selling it at black market prices? Where is the money going?

This is how rotten this country has gotten, and the Drug War has done too much to contribute to that rot. Victory for Proposition 19 is the beginning of the end of the Drug War. And the prospect must give every dope dealer a chill up and down his spine.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Strawberries are legal, and with that comes farmworkers who are still in cahoots with the cartels. The difference would end up being, when you catch the illegal growers of dope, you can charge them and deport them. Strawberry pickers though will be able to collect WIC, Welfare, Food Stamps, and free education for their offspring. Who will need it when they grow up too, because they will also be smoking weed
The flip side to arresting and deporting the Cartel MJ growers is that once the trade is legitimized, the price of the product is going to drop. If it is no longer cost effective to compete against legal grows, the Cartel will find other business for their MJ growers. If I had a guess, it would be manufacturing Meth.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitaDeL View Post
If I had a guess, it would be manufacturing Meth.
Well that's a pleasant future to look for
Old 07-21-2010, 06:40 AM

I will be voting against the bill and any others that make dangerous drugs legal. I voted for the legal medical use and look what happened. I voted for the medical use because in a cancer group meeting one of the patients said that was the only thing that gave him relief. Now look at what we have?

Why are we too weak/lazy to protect our citizens from the dangers of drugs? Could it be because our politicians are into the same trade?
I will never consume/smoke any thing that will alter my thinking or reasoning. We need to remember we are not protecting our future children when we allow things to happen.

We gave up on alcohol and look at what we have now. I don't know what would have happened if we had not given up but I did know an alocholic at one time and he was a sad case.

It is sad what people do to them selves but we do have to live with the results.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I will be voting against the bill and any others that make dangerous drugs legal. I voted for the legal medical use and look what happened. I voted for the medical use because in a cancer group meeting one of the patients said that was the only thing that gave him relief. Now look at what we have?

Why are we too weak/lazy to protect our citizens from the dangers of drugs? Could it be because our politicians are into the same trade?
I will never consume/smoke any thing that will alter my thinking or reasoning. We need to remember we are not protecting our future children when we allow things to happen.

We gave up on alcohol and look at what we have now. I don't know what would have happened if we had not given up but I did know an alocholic at one time and he was a sad case.

It is sad what people do to them selves but we do have to live with the results.
You are not thinking very hard on this issue. You say you went to a cancer group meeting and just one person saying that they got their sole relief from marijuana was enough to convince you to vote for "medical marijuana"? It never occured to you, not even once, that nobody getting medical marijuana would be getting it just to get high?

We are not too weak or lazy to protect our citizens from drugs, we are just too stupid. The Drug War is the consequence of moral hysteria and has nothing to do with the actual problem of confronting drugs as a source of recreation and all the hazards associated with them. The prohibition of alcohol did not work. Criminalizing alcohol did not work and criminalizing the consumption of cannabis isn't working either. It has made the hazards associated with this plant worse.

Marijuana is a social hazard just like alcohol is a social hazard. But the way to confront them is not by criminalizing them. By making marijuana legal, we destroy the extremely volatile black market and reduce its distribution to community controlled outlets. Once legalized, fewer people will be distributing it and it will be harder to get. School kids say that it is easier to get then alcohol.

In California, the dispensaries are everywhere and everyone with some kind of medical services has got their license to get high. Notice that it's not the end of the world, at least on the consumption side. Nobody is reporting some kind of plague resulting from people smoking "medical marijuana".

The legalization of marijuana will be the beginning of the end of the problem. Once legalized, inside of just a few years, consumption will drop down to less than half of what it is now, especially among young users who will no longer find it as glamorous as it once was. It is the secretive, cult like association around marijuana as a criminal activity that excites their imagination and spikes the effects of being stoned.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:47 PM
As seen on TV!

Here's the 92,00-plant bust in Hayfork:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...laced-traveler

He's not an illegal Alien pot Farmer, He's a "displaced Traveller"...jeez...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 PM
As seen on TV!

From the sonoma county rag.

Man killed in Mendocino pot garden raid
Sheriff's officer shot man with rifle at large remote garden 4 miles west of Tehama County line.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...ot-garden-raid
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 PM
SOS Associate

Pot wars

You go to the country to escape all the shootings in the city, and look what happens.
People still think they can move away from it.