Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 AM

I said I was only going to post once...

Quote:
Do you ever question why we are having so many big rig accidents? Bet dollars to donuts the 'weed' is the cause of many of them.
Truck accidents have a number of causes:

The brain dead driver of a Honda car full of children who cuts off trucks is one of them.

Rarely is a truck allowed by car drivers to merge or change lanes. If there is room to move over, 98% of the time a car in the desired lane will move up in order to prevent lane change ("can't have a truck in front of me!!!). Then, if the truck driver forces his way over in turn and there is a "snitch sticker" on the back of the truck, the car driver will call in with some story about how the truck driver tried to commit premeditated vehicular murder across every lane the roadway has. Maybe not satisfied, the car driver might later write a letter to the editor stating the belief that truck drivers "think they own the road".

Since deregulation, there is little money in driving trucks anymore, and owner operator Mexican nationals and Armenian imports (as well as other clannish foreigners who pool resources and live 48 to a single family dwelling) have largely driven even that down. To make money at all, a truck has to have a paying load and be on the road all the time.

Tired drivers, overloaded trucks, deferred or neglected maintenance, and falsified logs.

As well as knucklehead car drivers who think 60,000 lbs can stop on a dime.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-15-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I have never seen anyone push for the legalization of an illegal product so hard.

I will not tell you how many years I have lived with out the 'help' of some illegal drug, plant or drink. What ever decision I have ever made was with a clear mind.

Do you ever question why we are having so many big rig accidents? Bet dollars to donuts the 'weed' is the cause of many of them. Tobacco does not impair the brain but someone decided it causes cancer which I still doubt. Alcohol is one of the worsts things for impairing the brain, but no one talks about it.
Don't you realize a lot of crime is caused because individuals are bummed out because of some substance?
Seems to me these vices are pushed by those who want a dumbed down brain and their only solution is "legalize" it, I gotta have it. Tax money is not the solution to everything.
What do you think of "medical marijuana" and the legal marijuana dispensaries?
Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I said I was only going to post once...
It is ok to post your ideas and thoughts. Many of those listed were legit. I did know a young man who was raised in a very christain home. At some point he became a long haul truck driver and started using drugs. After both of his parents were dead he was left with a paid for home and a bit of money. Couple of years ago his uncle said he was living in a trailer park. His only brother was killed in an accident when he was about 10. That is one case I can relate to because I know the people although they have all lived in CO. for many years.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
What do you think of "medical marijuana" and the legal marijuana dispensaries?
I am not for medical marijuana or legal marijuana dispensaries. When you open a dangerous door it is just that.
I voted for the medical use and what happened? I think most of those calling themselves in medical need are nothing but foggy brain indiviuals who have found a way to get there fix. I fell for the medical need in the beginning but I will not fall for it again. We have doctors who write prescriptions. I have serious pain everyday but I will use prescriptions, no weed for me.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I am not for medical marijuana or legal marijuana dispensaries. When you open a dangerous door it is just that.
I voted for the medical use and what happened? I think most of those calling themselves in medical need are nothing but foggy brain indiviuals who have found a way to get there fix. I fell for the medical need in the beginning but I will not fall for it again. We have doctors who write prescriptions. I have serious pain everyday but I will use prescriptions, no weed for me.
Right. You seriously believed that those campaigning for "medical marijuana" were actually ever concerned about using the drug for whatever medical purposes it is supposed to have? You never considered that morphine is also used for medical purposes, but you cannot get a doctor's license to purchase it whenever you want? Did you know that morphine is just what you use to make heroine? You can't even get a prescription for morphine, it is always dispensed only under direct supervision.

So now you regret your decision for supporting the "medical marijuana" dispensaries.

What do you think should be done about the "medical marijuana" dispensaries?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
It is most important to really grasp what is we have now to appreciate what a dramatic improvement decriminalization will make.

I agree that legalization is not necessary. But it's too late to worry about legalization. We already have a kind of legalization in the dispensaries. The "medical marijuana" dispensaries are a real boon to the cartels. There are no rigorous accounts or policing at a statewide or national level as to where the stuff is coming from and where the money is going. And when you think about everything that most go into policing this and what the "medical marijuana" dispensaries are really all about, you realize that legalization is really the end game for confronting this. With commercial legalization comes the end of the "medical marijuana" dispensaries and their black market prices.

Decriminalization for personal grows and possession was something that should have happened twenty or more years ago, but instead we got the dispensaries.

If you are opposed to legalization, you must be opposed to the dispensaries, unless you are in the dispensary business and have seen the writing on the wall as to what legalization means to your future profits. And, in fact, the dispensaries are opposed to Proposition 19, they are issuing all kinds of propoganda designed to instill fear in their happy consumers about how the quality and diversity of the available pot is going to go down hill. About how it is all going to be run by huge corporations. It's all nonsense.

If you are opposed to Proposition 19 and you are not in the dispensary business, then you must be opposed to the dispensaries. And you must have a plan for getting rid of them. But nobody, and especially the dispensaries themselves, have any such plan for getting rid of "medical marijuana".

It really is time to clean up this mess once and for all. Vote yes on Proposition 19. Starve the Cartels, shut down the "medical marijuana" dispensaries. Take marijuana off the streets and out of the schools and put in the hands of those who think they will still care about it when it is no longer a forbidden vice and takes it's place along side beer and cigarettes.
As a 501(c)3 we can not "tell" others how to vote. So let it be known that SaveOurState does not officially promote Proposition 19, nor do we oppose it. The statements are only the posters opinion.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks Jean. Good point.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:41 PM

All of the questions or comments that I make are my own and in no way express views of Save Our State.

I'm just expressing a personal opinion, just like everyone else contributing to this thread.

And I'm also just asking another poster their opinion, but I'll make it a general question to anyone:

If you are opposed to Proposition 19, then what do you think should be done about the "medical marijuana" dispensaries?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 PM

I agree with you Rimo. After being married so someone with this vice and a few others, there's no way anyone can convince me that this is a good idea.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:08 PM
As seen on TV!

Default Mendocino supervisors say no to marijuana 'state of emergency'

Mendocino County supervisors won't be declaring a state of emergency in response to the massive marijuana gardens being grown on public lands, a tactic requested by county residents fed up with being unable to safely use forest land.

Instead, they will invite five other counties to participate in a December symposium aimed at creating a regional effort to to eradicate marijuana in the Mendocino National Forest...
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...-of-emergency-

December???...gee that's only 2 months AFTER harvest...what a bunch of Idiots.