Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-27-2014, 06:01 PM

Default Sen. Sessions says: Melt Congress' phone lines and stop Obama's planned amnesty!

Dear Friends,
Senator Jeff Sessions is asking us to please take some time out of our day on Monday and the next couple of days and call our Congressmen and Senators.
Senator sessions says: "Melt Congress' phone lines, and stop Obama's planned executive amnesty".
President Obama is on the verge of issuing another executive order similar to his DACA executive order (Differed action for childhood arrivals), that may give amnesty to 5-6 million illegal aliens.
Sessions said that expanding DACA to another 5-6 million illegal immigrants “would effectively end immigration enforcement in America.”
Please tell your Congressmen and Senators that President Obama's executive orders are unconstitutional, and that if the President issues another executive amnesty that you want President Obama impeached.
Please also tell your Congressmen that any legislation that appropriates funding to deal with the current border surge crisis, must include language ending the president's DACA executive order.
I will be calling My congressmen Buck McKeon and Senators Boxer and Feinstein, on Monday and throughout the week. Senator Sessions says we need to melt the Capitol phone lines, I plan on doing my part and I hope that you can also.

Capitol switchboard: 202-224-3121
Congressman Buck McKeon: 202-225-1956 or 661-254-2111
Senator Boxer: 202-224-3553 or 213-894-5000
Senator Feinstein: 202-224-3841 or 310-914-730

Thank you,
Greg
Old 07-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Congressman Raul Ruiz 36th California District

Washington (202) 225-5330

Palm Springs (760) 424-8888

Hemet 951-765-2304

Indio (760) 989-4111

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 AM

Default Numbers USA

Last night I got a conference call from Rosemary Jenks. She had Congresswoman Michelle Bachman on too. It went on for an hour.

*(Check the Numbers USA website today for more details ).

The main message was to melt down Congress by phone, personal visits and attending home meetings when they are on Vacation.

Michelle had just returned from a visit to the border. It was fascinating. And deplorable. She told things not normally seen in the news. I won't try to quote them here, they are far too extensive.

Essentially they are not in favor of impeaching Obama. They think it will rally his supporters and backfire. *( Too according to Fox News 56% do not want him impeached ). Instead they will want to cut off his funding. And if he actually signs an amnesty bill by executive order they will impeach any official that tries to implement the lawless and illegal order.

__________________________________________________ _________

I have now finished Dinesh D'Sousas book - "America". There are two little areas of what I can't exactly call disagreement. There may be some differences in interpretation. But basically I have to give him very high marks. He has a writing style that is easy to read. He is certainly very intelligent and has a very good understanding of America and what it is all about as well as where we are going in the future. Unfortunately I have to agree with him. At my age I don't have to worry about it. I won't be around to see it. But I lament for my grandchildren. *( You had better pound on your grandchildren to get a good education and a good job ).
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM

Dear Friends,
This has been a big week, and thanks to all the people who took time out of their day the phone lines at the Capitol were slammed!

I personally experienced long wait lines at the Capitol switchboard, which means hundreds of thousands of Americans were calling Washington about the surge of illegal immigrants on the Texas boarder.

John Boehner is trying to pass some kind of law to deal with the crisis before the August recess, and word is that a vote on new legislation will be on Thursday morning.

We do believe the call volume is having impact and influence on the legislation, and because of all of our calls John Boehner made a statement today that he won’t conference with the Senate on S744 the Senate amnesty bill that was lead by Senators Schumer and Rubio.

We know that John Boehner is 100% pro amnesty, and he tried to introduce an amnesty bill into the House earlier this year. We do not believe that he actually wants to stem the tide of illegal aliens that are flowing in through our Southern Border, and we do believe that Senate Democrats and pro Amnesty Republicans will conference with the Senates amnesty bill if they get half a chance, and that is why our leading organizations are asking that we tell our Congressmen to: VOTE NO on the Border surge bill!

Senator Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) denounced the House Republican border bill as a “surrender to a lawless president”. This bill does not out law or defund Pres. Obama’s Differed Action (DACA), which is the executive order that is currently driving thousands of illegal aliens from Central America to illegally cross our borders.

President Obama has all the laws in the books to stop this border surge, and all the tools he needs, but the problem remains…President Obama, the Democrat Party and the leadership of the Republican Party do not want to stop this surge, because they want the cheap labor and the Democrat votes of newly amnestied illegal aliens.

[COLOR="Red"]This is why we ask you to tell your Congressmen NO NEW LAWS, until DACA is defunded![/COLOR]

The only House border bill that we support is Congressmen Marsha Blackburn’s bill, HR 5160.

Blackburn’s bill would defund Pres. Obama’s executive amnesty as well as prohibit work permits for illegal aliens that received executive amnesty.

Even if you have called Washington the last two days, I ask that you call with me again on Wednesday, and keep pounding some sense into Congress.

Our message:

Vote no on the border surge bill! And
No New Laws!

I am calling these Congressmen again on Wednesday:

Ed Royce: 202-225-4111

Duncan Hunter Jr: 202-225-5672

Buck McKeon: 202-225-1956

Gary Miller: 202-225-3201

Kevin McCarthy: 202-225-2915

Darrell Issa: 202-225-3906

Ken Calvert: 202-225-1986

For the Republican Congressmen out of my area I dial *67 before the phone number to hide my caller ID.
Good luck, and thank you for your efforts in fighting the border surge and anarchy on the Southern border. Our calls are having influence.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Greg in LA; 07-30-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 PM
SOS Associate

Thanks for all your Work Greg. The talking heads in congress are realizing more Americans are turning out in public against illegal immigration. That would, of course, make the pro-illegal propaganda effort much less effective. We have to keep supporting public displays as much as possible, and calling or showing up at the reps offices to point this out to them.

We also need to find a way to punish big business for their support of illegals and immigration increases. I don't know what would work here, but let's not give up on that either
Old 07-31-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
We have to keep supporting public displays as much as possible, and calling or showing up at the reps offices to point this out to them.
Absolutely.

But politicians also have to know that if they don't take care of business they will be ruined politically - turned out of office and too toxic to shuffle somewhere else in government or become lobbyists, etc.

Quote:
We also need to find a way to punish big business for their support of illegals and immigration increases. I don't know what would work here, but let's not give up on that either
That's the key, cut off the draw. Don't feed the bears.

Need to hit the Chamber of commerce and small businesses hire them too.

Shaming them isn't going to work, you have to hit their bottom line. I'm not so sure about boycotts, unless there is enough indignation to forgo some convenience - after all this is the land of instant gratification and 30 second attention span.

The best bet would be for government to crucify them with the law, but to do that those politicians have to be afraid enough of the voters that campaign contribution buy offs won't sway them.

Other than that would be tactics such as gathering enough verifiable photos of key people committing bestiality with large reptiles and small bovines.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 07-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 AM

Default Not good news !

Sorry folks to be so pessimistic but I have been at this now or 3 decades and I have seen a steady erosion of enthusiasm and opposition. I have also seen a steady increase in wins for the progressives and illegal aliens.

It seems that the numbers of dedicated opponents has diminished considerably and that they are becoming less and less effective. Personally I think that there is not very much that can be done by private citizens to reverse the tide. That is not to say that the remaining should roll over and give up. Illegal immigration just does not appear to be very high on the agenda of most Americans.

I don't think that there will be any reversal until the present regime is gone, out of office. I simply cannot predict who the next regime will be nor what it will do.That should be determined in the next two years. Apparently the best hope for "change", lays with the Coyote in Chief. If he continues to infuriate the people that will quite probably be better than all of the counter-protests combined.

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Pew report says that immigration from Mexico has fallen to zero.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/04/2...-perhaps-less/

Apparently they are referring to Mexican citizens and not generally migrants from other countries. Thus the bulk of current illegal, undocumented aliens are from other countries traversing Mexico.

Personally I think that the Cartels are almost entirely responsible for provoking the present onslaught by exploiting Obamas comments. The losses in human trafficking revenue have reportedly fallen over the years so the Cartels, being good businessmen, found ways to increase profits. Drug trafficking is reported to be up by 250% and meth up 500%. Note that the Cartels pushed into human trafficking and largely took it over too.

But it takes two to tango. In business there has to be a supplier and a consumer. So who are the consumers ?

__________________________________________________ _____________

Border Action:

http://patriotsinformationhotline.com/

The border convoy departs Murietta, Ca today at 6:30 PM. See details in link.

There are more things that patriots can do as seen on the website.

Last edited by wetibbe; 08-01-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
We also need to find a way to punish big business for their support of illegals and immigration increases.
I have to go back to this.

If you're going to do this, you have to find a way to make the stock drop as well as successfully attack interlocking boards of directors, punish the stock holders. Stock holders generally don't care in the slightest about business ethics so long as the dividends keep rolling in. Conversely, if the flow stops those stock holders will be squealing like stuck pigs and the board of directors will dance to that unpleasant tune. The problem is shutting off the cash register without affecting employees, because the first to get wacked for bad bottom lines are low level employees. That sort of thing could backfire in a bad economy with high unemployment.

Quite some years ago, I worked for a multi billion dollar, international corporation. There was a labor dispute whereupon the company was attempting to force a health care plan on the employees which was designed to crash in about five years.

The problem was that there was little public sympathy for the employees since the business was a (heavily regulated) monopoly which without their product there would be no modern life, no economy. So, similar to the illegal alien problem, the monthly bill and the employees were the most visible to the public, not the board of directors, stockholders, and government regulation which went far beyond controlling parasitical profit taking.

In short, the public couldn't give a rat's ass about employees picketing in front of the business properties.

So, I began looking into the corporate structure, and it astounded me that the board of directors had their fingers in over 50 entities from defense contractors; utilities; real estate; land development; construction companies; airlines; banking; medical care and health insurance; to even a winery and much more. They all served on each other's board of directors.

These people were in a position to manipulate a large part of the economy by virtue of interlocking boards of directors, and only by by the slimmest of legal definition did they avoid conflict of interest because more than a few of the companies were competing businesses.

So my idea was to take it to the board of directors, to let the public know that these people were responsible for high utility rates, high taxes, being ripped off by financial institutions, and much more.

The idea was received, with some enthusiasm for picketing the other businesses (to let the public know the interconnectedness of big business), not so much for picketing at the homes of the directors. There was a lot falling apart in my life at that time, I'm not sure if any of it was done, I don't recall that anything along this line was done.

However, the company was buggered out of a big deal merger based on its past actions, the CEO was discredited and sacked.

And, after all these years, the tit for tat war still goes on.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-01-2014 at 11:00 AM.