View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:32 AM

What primarily has sunk the Republican party was catering to the self interest of employers for cheap labor several decades ago. By all appearances they wanted a non voting slave class, something they couldn't get out of the native born because of citizen reluctance to be wage slaves.

The self interest of the Democrat party was to take advantage of Republican pandering to employers.

The interest of American brown racists was and is to take advantage of the Democrat party pandering to minorities and newcomers in order to build a base the Democrat party can't get among mainstream Americans. The liberal inversion of the intent of the Civil Rights Act along with victimization theory are their ethnic nationalist work horses.

There are lots of things the Republican party leadership is clueless about, the many facets and consequences or cause and effect of massive migration beginning in the 60's as well as their ignorance about people who have been here for generations. In search of a simplistic answer they now echo the squeaky wheels from within "the Latino community" without even seeking to find out who and what those people truly are.

I don't think the Democrat party leadership really has an idea even with all the "social justice" stuff they rant about and slogans they parrot from the movimiento (such as "living in the shadows" etc.), they mainly pander to get the votes for consolidating power. I believe in the end it's going to backfire on the Democrats as well.

In the late 60's the there was the Chicano description of the US political system as being a two headed goat of which both heads fed from the same trough (I see the logic, the statement is more true than not). The idea of the third Party La Raza Unida to circumvent the two headed goat was tried and failed, though the tactics live on. I think the general idea now is to use one head to fight the other until the animal becomes weak enough to butcher.

There are lots of pawns and dupes in this game, Republicans and Democrats included.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-25-2012 at 07:55 PM.