View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
So, here we are...

A discussion about the so called "affordable care act" turned into a flame war and further degenerated into a race issue...

I propose that we get back to what the thread is about, Obamacare.

I spoke with a woman yesterday who's within the insurance industry.

Her take, and she was careful to state that she wasn't representing her employer with her conversation, was that the health insurance landscape has been irreparably devastated and there will be no going back to what was. As I understand her statement, it doesn't much matter whether the law is repealed, patched, or what. Reminds me of the California deregulation of the electrical industry, which is still haunting us in Ca. Nearly broke our state, and the smug bastards in Sacramento didn't realize the consequences of their actions until the utilities spun the screwing back to them, AND THEN THE IGNORANT POLITICAL ASSHOLES PANICKED IN A VIRTUALLY FUTILE EFFORT TO SAVE THEMSELVES AND THEIR THREADBARE AGENDAS.

The middle and small insurers have been or will be forced out of business, and many of those policy holders forced out of their plans ultimately won't be picked up by other insurers, or the insurers who are left in business will go broke covering those left who don't go into medicare, and the lady said "you know who pays for that - it's you and me"...

And there's always the specter of yet another bailout covering what the new law screwed up... And just who pays for that?

Which reinforces my early gut feeling that the whole thing is designed to crash and force everyone into taxpayer funded, substandard, European Union / Canadian style government single payer healthcare.
Well, I'm still smiling. It's Christmas Day, hope everyone enjoys the fact we can feel somewhat safe, thanks to our men and women who serve us everywhere.

You're absolutely correct, the goal all along was a one payer system, aka socialized medicine. I heard that right out of the mouth of my leftist friend over a year ago. That's exactly what she wanted. Mind you this is a person who could easily pay for her own medical, even without insurance; one of those limousine liberals that lives along the California coast and hasn't a clue about the problems of the middle class, or the poor for that matter.

It seems our social infrastructure is what the left are all about changing. But our actual hard tangible infrastructure is too susceptible to climate change and needs to be put into the recycle bin.

We now have so many that qualify for free medical and too many doctors that won't accept it, so many that in the next few years we are going to see a crisis. Another item that no one has mentioned is that with the "new" free medical comes the ability by the Government to grab onto a citizens estate; those receiving free medical and once the person dies (under the age of 65 or receiving any gov. free subsidy along with medicade) the cost paid by the government will be taken out of the persons estate; this includes land, cars and anything of value. The only way out of such a situation is to either sell everything or give it to someone in advance of getting ill.

What would happen in the past is there was a financial test given beforeany free gov paid medical was given. The person could then either use there assets to pay for their medical or give it to someone. The difference is that the person knew their assets were in jeopardy But now. no one is being told that Obamacare could take your estate.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 12-25-2013 at 12:43 PM.