View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 12:49 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
You are correct, I have no experience with non-profits.

So in essence activism is not the main goal nor is it political change, correct?

Is SOS basically a cut and paste news outlet? or am I missing something? Beyond cut and paste for educational purposes, is there anything else going on. Davi, I know you are active in protests up in your area however, are those protest unaffiliated with the new SOS structure?

I am just trying to get a feel for what SOS is about now as I am not sure what is going on.
I'm not sure how to address the cut and paste thing. Sure people gather information and relay it here to others that way. that's a good thing

we are still active, and that is one of our primary functions, however we are quite restricted by funding. We try and do things that don't require money in the interim. but we've still held events as I have pointed out to you. We will hold more soon. we do what we can, when we can. Check our calendar on the upper menu bar and you'll see some things going on in the state capitol that we hope to make an impact on. We still operate the mobile billboard too.

I should also add, that if think you have a strategy that could be tried, go to your user CP un the upper left part of the menu bar and request to get on the events committee. We're always interested in getting people active and trying new things

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 03-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.