View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJorge View Post
I had a PI run him and the weird name that is Aztec or whatever is his real name. I found out that there are others like that too. Blew me away.
I met a woman with a first name of Xochitl (flower?) and a Spanish last name, but if I have it right, Nauioceotl (Huitzilopochtli?)?

Nahuatl => I don't have any idea about the word Naui, but oceotl is probablby a jaguar, and Huitzilopochtli (Hummingbird warrior?) was an Aztec god that was leader of the Aztec/Mexica wanderings, roughly a Moses. One of his deeds was to cut his sister into pieces and throw the parts down a hill or mountain, thus the floor image of her several parts at the bottom of the steps at the main sacrificial temple in Tenochtitlan - the priests would throw the bodies of the newly dispatched down the steps and they would land on or near the image.

I would put money up saying it's not his birth name. I can understand something like Cauahtemoc Cardenas Solorzano, but to be fully named in Nahuatl words like "N" would be even more oddball than someone bearing a full name of some sort from the old Norse or Saxon legends.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-07-2016 at 07:22 AM.