View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
What should be glaringly apparent is the absolute disdain and disregard that the agriculture industry has for US immigration law. If they existed, the growers would import vampires to work the fields, and let them suck the blood from the local townsfolk for sustennance. They are without conscience or constraint apparently. These corrupt bastards need to be driven from our state or we will most certainly be kneeling before them someday too
It has been glaringly apparent to me concerning the construction industry since 1981. Check out the services industries, such as restaurants and fast food, hotels, and others.

Illegals don't come here and physically remove American employees from their jobs; American employers displace American workers with illegals, primarily because an illegal will work for nothing and forty years later come to the realization he's been ripped off.

And your Congressman, Republican or Democrat, stands behind the employer in this regard.

However, I commented in this thread because of the misconception believed by many of this:

Quote:
Longer term Latino immigrants taking issue with newly arrived migrant farm workers and their betheren in a California town.
Rachel Ortiz and the members of Beautify Greenfield are not immigrants of any sort. They might have even less in common with illegals than many on this board, except for last names and skin tone.

That's where I believe the anti illegal movement loses it. There are people who exalt Lupe Moreno and Ray Herrera on the keyboard, but if the pair were seen in line at Lowes they would be confused with illegals.

I believe that has to change, otherwise the anti illegal movement will continue to spin it's wheels in relative irrelevancy.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-17-2011 at 05:05 AM.