View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post

The only area where I tended to hesitate about his thoughts was about Pakistan. I'm not ready to cast them aside. Whereas he apparently presumes the everyone Pakistani is rotten, they still are helping us out. We have access across Pakistan to Afghanistan. 34,000 Pakistanis have been killed *( according to media reports ) fighting the Taliban.

He's right about Pakistan. War between Pakistan and Afghanistan has nothing to do with combating Islam. There are other territorial and ethnic disputes. Most victims of Muslim aggression are other Muslims. Pakistan is like Kosovo in Serbia. It was something carved out of the heartland of a nation and a people to appease Muslims. And now Pakistan is the locus of terror launched against Indians, and increasingly, other countries that allow immigration from Pakistan. Our relationship with Pakistan is based on the horrible mistake of giving them nuclear weapons. We are bribing them in order to maintain some vestige of control over those weapons.

I like West, but he doesn't come off as very presidential. He needs to enrichen his public speaking style. I'd also like to hear more from him about other issues like the presence of illegal immigrants and what to do about that.

Last edited by Twoller; 06-07-2011 at 12:14 PM.