View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM

McFarland spouting nonsense

By Brian Baker
Saugus
Posted: Feb. 9, 2010 6:08 p.m.
POSTED Feb. 10, 2010 4:55 a.m.

McFarland’s spouting nonsense (“Bob Kellar should step down now,” Feb. 2), as is usual from liberals.

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that most of the illegal immigrants in this country came over our southern border, so the inevitable first things out of the mouths of liberals who support amnesty are baseless and stupid allegations of racism against anyone who opposes amnesty.

Kellar simply responded by in essence saying: “You think I’m a racist? Fine. That’s your problem, not mine.”

I’ve heard the same accusations aimed at me and that’s my inevitable and essentially rote response. If someone wants to think I’m a “racist,” I couldn’t care less.

If that’s the level at which they want to address the issue, then as far as I’m concerned they can go and play in the corner by themselves, because I won’t even bother gracing the silly accusation with an answer.

Supporters of amnesty try to do this all the time, in an effort to divert the discussion into irrelevancies and non sequiturs. Frankly, it’s lost its oomph.

More importantly, it doesn’t matter whether or not those who oppose amnesty do so out of racism or not, and I have no doubt that in a country this large there surely are some people who oppose it out of racial animus.