View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 07:59 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
It takes either no time, or a lot of time to orchestrate an event. It's been my experience though, that the more time and effort you put into prior planning, the more successful an event will be.

We did plan some events since Santa Clarita. The one at the state capitol for instance, although it was cancelled when I fell. We also did the one at the Mexican Advocacy day with the sign trailer.

OK, so if you don't want to do this gig through the planning committee, then it can't be an SOS event. If you want to do it as a Derail Amnesty event you are still going to get help from us, because once again, that's what we are here for. The work of our charity is all about helping others get on their feet so they can be effective in their communities.
How can we help you?

No, I'll bow out of this one. There are certainly folks better suited for organizing and with more time than me. Let's keep this an SOS happening (I run a website, not a group that throws events). The planning committee can grab the reins for the Santa Ana gig, that's fine with me.