View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:27 AM

Default Well, well, well !

I must have watched a different version of the O'Reilly/Palen video. What I heard her say was:

• NO amnesty.
• They don't get rewarded for bad behavior.
• Deport them.
• They must register with the Government.
• Secure the border with whatever it takes.
John McCain has said they must pay a fine, back taxes, go back home, touch back, get in line and reapply then wait their turn. I haven't hear Sarah say they can stay and all is forgiven.
There may possibly be differing interpretations of "amnesty". The above program proposed by McCain isn't amnesty.
Sarah is a true conservative. Among all of her comments the overwhelming preponderance are positive and conservative. They outweigh, by a wide margin, any questionable or ambiguous comments she may have been believed to have made. Although I agree with most of Sarah's attitudes I will say that I am not exactly a flaming, enamored fan. However, comparing her to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, if I had to choose who I wanted to be marooned on a remote island with I would pick Sarah! Frankly I believe that she is too conservative to get elected President. But she is certainly a positive voice.
There is much more to say but I will keep it brief. We already have a guest worker program. The employer is supposed to advertise first and hire Americans. If there are no takers then the guests can be brought in under conditions.
There isn't any need for a comprehensive immigration reform. Everyone involved is fundamentally so dirty, amoral, corrupt and dishonest that the present system doesn't work. Any new legislation will be just rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic.