View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I am anti-immigrant and most people secretly are. You speak your mind. I'll speak mine.

This whole hair splitting thing about being "anti-immigration" or just anti "illegal" immigration is a fig leaf used by cowards who are afraid of being called "racists" by the communists and the SPLC, ADL, etc.

That's an interesting take. I disagree with you. My experience has been that the large majority of folks who are active about border enforcement want either reduced legal immigration or current laws enforced. Nonetheless, I give you points for candor.

-------------------------

Since we're tossing ideas around, however, about changes to the immigration system, I would reduce legal immigration from Mexico and Central American countries by 2/3. Reason: It forces them to start looking for other solutions to fixing their poverty than exporting their least wanted citizens to the United States. Right now, the U.S. is an "enabler" for the incompetence/corruption/lack of decent opportunities that exists in El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras, etc. They don't have to really get their act together. The ability to have the poorest go elsewhere (and send Yankee dollars home, to boot) is a huge release valve on forces that would otherwise result in change.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 11-22-2009 at 09:47 AM.