View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:22 PM

From what I have heard about the film maker, he has a criminal record involving something like bank fraud. He has spent some time in A US prison. Apparently he was posing as an Israeli Jew, to collect donations, or to defraud Jews to fund the film.

I am not exactly that interested in this incident, the riots in Libya and Cairo don't really effect my life.

I do know some Coptic Christians though. Egyptian Christians are called Copts. The Egyptian Coptic church is an early christian church, in fact it is one of the earliest Christian churches. Before the Arab conquest of Egypt in the 7th Century Ad. Egypt's dominant religion was the Coptic Christian faith. The Egyptian government states that around 10% of modern Egypt is inhabited by Coptic Christians, but many believe that their population is actually greater.
Egyptian Christians speak "Coptic" which is the final form of the ancient Egyptian language.
In modern Egypt there is often violence and persecution of Egyptian Coptic Christians by the Egyptian Muslims.

If you would like to know more, I do know that there is a Egyptian Coptic church in Santa Clarita called St. Mary's of Egypt.