View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I have given up on politicians. I don't believe any place can be worse than CA. I will still vote in every election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Providentially I do not share the dismal condemnation of our Congress that seems to be prevalent. There are some good people in the House and Senate that I admire, respect and communicate with regularly. For my friend here, the overriding concern that dominates is illegal immigration and border security. If that is the narrow criteria that dominates then I will ask you all to contemplate Mitt's commitment to secure the border and deal with illegal immigration. He has committed clearly.
I also vote, despite the lack of a candidate to vote for. In addition, I am torn between a love for the process, and disdain for what it has become. I have little support for the system that is being so corrupt that I no longer trust or believe the results. But I still vote because I want the system there after the corruption has been evicted. This might be compared to having faith in God, even when corrupt ministers dominate the churches.

I am a single issue voter now. The immigration issue has my primary attention. It may not be the most troubling issue as seen by hard right conservatives who place right to life at the top, nor the priority of those whose life revolves around economics. But it is the one thing I believe I can stay focused on in the face of the efforts to lead me elsewhere. The economy has affected me profoundly. The wars and patriot act trouble me daily. But if I cannot force my government to play by the immigration rule book, I sincerely doubt I can affect the other two. Likewise, if I can force the government to play by the immigration rulebook, I can instill a sense of worry in those who have been corrupting other aspects of our government that might be more of an issue overall