View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:55 AM

I don't know the ends and outs, but I believe Congress could do plenty to make Obama's presidential life very miserable over the next two years if they so desire. However, if Obama does unilaterally impose amnesty, I believe he will cause the nation irreparable harm in many ways, not the least with polarization not seen since the decades leading up to the Civil War.

But, extreme polarization is deemed necessary in the progressive playbook to achieve political goals.

I had a fun thought, not a snowball's chance in hell of it happening, but I unleashed it on my elected representatives (all Democrat) with mixed reactions:

"I'm only about half joking with this. Congress should defund the Presidential air fleet, Air Force One, the helicopter, and all the rest. That way he won't be embarrassing the nation with his personal presence in foreign countries. Besides, by staying in Washington, he could walk across the street to consult Congress before committing the nation to toothless, lopsided deals which serve only to immediately damage our economy while the other party (China) has 15 or 20 years to decide whether or not to do their part. Besides, treaties are to be ratified by the Senate, not unilaterally consummated by the president. And, if the president administrates it by fiat through the EPA without consulting Congress, Congress should move to defund the EPA until the proper role of Congress concerning international agreements is fully understood by the President.

Furthermore, the president should regard border security in the same vein that he regards white house security. If he carries out his threat to unilaterally impose amnesty White house security should be defunded - his secret service moved 40 miles away from the White House and instructed not to do their jobs, just as as happened with the Border Patrol in respect to the border. The White House perimeter fence should be removed as a message.

Congress needs to step up and compel the president to consult and work with Congress concerning consequential issues."

Congressman Ruiz' office responded as they always do with any subject I have presented, they listen for as long as I ramble on. It really feels as though I am being enveloped with soothing waves of empathy. However, I'm cynical enough to believe that most of what I present hits the proverbial round file.

Feinstein's aides tend to get cranky if more than half of a talking point is presented, although they have been getting better about taking calls which may not agree with the Senator's personal political beliefs. They let me express my above message.

I normally don't even mess with contacting Senator Boxer's office, it's like trying to convey a thought to a moon rock. The local aide actually listened without the usual suggestion to contact the White House. However, the nub who answered the phone in Washington actually interrupted and talked over me with all the spin arguments about the Senate immigration bill, and informed me - the constituent who was expressing a concern - that the Senator disagreed with me. That's a lot of petty bureaucrat chutzpah.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.