Thread: Want a laugh?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
"illegals" and "anchor babies" could be obsolete soon too, if political correctness prevails. I never saw the term colored as derogatory, but "people of color" is the new buzzword, and maybe we should jump on that right now too, before it takes root.
I thought someone might bring up this point. The term "colored" may be not be intrinsically derogatory, as no term is, it's the meaning we give it that determines whether or not it's acceptable. I'm just surprised that someone would be still be using that term today. And as for "illegals" and "anchor babies", these terms may become politically incorrect one of these days, as there are those even today who believe them to be and refuse to use them. And what about the term "wetback"? That was acceptable 50 years ago, but a lot of people don't dare use it today, and as you probably know this board used to automatically censor it if you spelled it out in its entirety. It looks like I got away with it here though.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 09-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.