View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 03:45 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Just got back from Santa Clarita and I am proud to be able to report that SOS's event was a smashing success. First and foremost, we had ATTENDANCE. My hat is off to JeanfromFillmore and Eagle 1. We really made a quality appearance but a few miles east of Magic Mountain.

Off the top of my head:

- We had an interesting selection of speakers. Everyone who addressed the crowd brought his or her own unique perspective.

- We got a crapload of exposure. We were on a crowded intersection that had thousands and thousands of cars go by. Signs and flags were everywhere.

- I saw a lot of new faces. Many tea partiers have joined the immigration fray.

- I met Roger Gitlin. He was a really nice guy. I sat next to him later at a post-event meal. He has a lot to say and is well-informed.

- The last speaker was spectacular (I want to kill myself for having run out of film). He was a legal immigrant from Mexico 50 years ago. His speech had people in cars at the intersection (40 to 50 feet away) erupting in spontaneous cheers.

- The one trouble maker who showed up, chose to drive off when he was confronted w/ people holding video cameras. When he came back looking for trouble, he was promptly arrested.

I'll be posting video on my site w/in a few hours.

---------

LINK THAT LEADS TO THE FIRST VIDEO CLIP -

El Vato es muy enojado! http://members4.boardhost.com/Derail...263690714.html

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 01-16-2010 at 04:32 PM.