Thread: 14th Amendment
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Interesting thoughts. I thought that it would require a Constitutional amendment to change things to a more sane approach to the anchor baby problem. I am glad I was wrong. I realize that there may be one or two on this and other boards that will say, "I told you so." To them I retort, "Perhaps if you had been less offensive and abrasive in your interactions with me over this issue, then you could have swayed me."

Anyway, one thing that could be a problem with changing the law, is that it could cause an increase of pregnant illegal invaders wanting to drop an anchor baby prior to the change of the law. Therefore, an increased presence at the border would be absolutely necessary.

On other issue, are the liberals that control the public social services at the state and local level. This area must be controlled somehow. This segment of government must be controlled because they will brazenly refuse to enforce the law.
I didn't think it could be changed - I still think it would be a difficult prospect due to the general thought process concerning the 14th amendment.

Nor do I believe that US citizenship should be stripped from those who have benefited from misinterpretation of the 14th amendment. That would serve only to open a can of worms which would lead to to willy - nilly disenfranchisement of anyone out of favor with the the power to be at the particular moment.

As far as addressing the abuse of social services, there still needs to be a strategy for identifying operative managers who instruct that a blind eye be turned or even active recruitment of illegal aliens engaged in by by low echelon public employees.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.