View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastGrannie View Post
Tom Tancredo says that many of their businesses are fronts for money laundering. I too have wondered how these businesse can spring up like mushrooms after a rain. These businesses are not just in the southwest but they are in places like Georgia.

You can tell that they target certain communities because people from the town of Farmingville have said that the illegals started showing up over one summer. That fall their were so many foreign kids in the schools and no one knew where they were coming from. I think that as they target certain areas, they also are funding the new businesses. Also, don't be surprised if these businesses are getting our tax money to get started and don't forget those big money liberal foundations.
A small kitchen runs about $400,000 to build and stock with small wares. You need enough capital to operate for three years without profit. Net profit, before personal taxes, is about 4%.

You deal with a perishable product and fluctuating prices as well as a fickle public.

Everyone from local governments to the EPA (who are unmitigated butt holes to business) has their hand out, quarterly taxes are essentially audited every quarter. That's not to mention compliance with the fire code (yes, the fire marshal is involved), local ordinances, and the health department.

If you don't have your own money behind you, you are working for the landlord and whatever "money partners" are involved as well as everyone mentioned above.

It seems to me that even in the best scenarios the restaurant business is a real juggling act.

So how can penniless third worlders waltz in with some family recipies and a Betty Crocker cook book and make it?

I've heard of the government loans to "immigrants", but haven't seen just where and whom to apply to. It can't be a secret.

Does anybody know how a foreigner can arrive one day and get a loan from the US government to open a restaurant the next?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.