View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 05:06 AM

Default O's State of the Union speech.

I didn't listen. But I was force fed numerous clips on Fox news.

I won't bash. Even I really don't care for it. But I will repeat what I heard on the news.

First though let me say that what I did hear held a certain amount of credibility, *( Surprise !!! ). For example global warming, climate change *( It's real ). Second, yes we do need more clean energy. Several other subjects. At first blush I was a little bit put off by some of the Republican negative skepticism. I thought it was a little bit of spin and some typical skewing. *( They all do it ). But upon reflection I have to reveal that there is so little credibility left from that fellow that his comments almost always conceal some dire, oblique, "double entendre". I've come to the conclusion now that we are dealing with someone who is a little bit off the rails. Someone with a real problem really and truly and I know what that problem is and it isn't nice. It is very disconcerting. *( When the Washington Post ascribes 3 Pinocchio's that's a powerful hint about a congenital prevaricator that lives in a world of secrecy and deception ).

Brit Hume, if you heard him, was incredulous that O would essentially admit that the middle class is in trouble and worse off.

The Obama care numbers were all skewed and just simply fictitious.

Justification for raising minimum wage to $10.10 was quite a bit hypocritical and sanctimonious. Senior citizens went a year or two with NO cost of living adjustment and now received a paltry 1.9% increase along with BILLIONS of dollars cut from Medicare. In the meantime my health insurance premiums skyrocketed over 80%, my co-pay up over 50% and my deductibles shot up significantly. My property taxes jumped 33%. And food prices are raging up and up. In the long range it portends a widening gap between income and expenses that will lead to financial serious complications for those on fixed income.

A lot of the other mumbo jumbo was just more of the same that I have heard from every President for the last 60 years.

Two subjects that I am NOT hearing about are:

#1. Immigration reform.

#2. Gun control.

The media doesn't seem to want to talk about those issues ????

The fact checkers went to work and set the record back on track. Frank Luntz interviewed his audience and presented his graphs and I would say that O did not fare well at all.

Now how can we reconcile the apparent numbers that O's popularity/approval rating has fallen from 56% to 46% while Congress's *( House and Senate ) is stated as 13% ?? If I ever figure that one out I'll let you know !!! But at first blush it looks like the American people are not at all happy with the state of the union, nor the President nor Congress. All good signs for 2016 "hope and change" that you can believe in.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-29-2014 at 05:18 AM.