View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:07 PM
SOS Associate

I arrived at our protest station a little late, but quite well before the march,

It was raining unfortunately, so kept stuff in plastic 'till the last minute. I brought two 4' x 2' signs that read:

SCHOOLS YES
ILLEGALS NO

and

CUT ILLEGALS
NOT SCHOOLS

I made rope sections and hung the signs from my neck, and carried fliers in my hand. I also set up our SOS sign nearby, and kept the camera on the tripod. Unfortunately the camera got wet, and did not capture but a few seconds of video before shorting out. I kept the umbrella over it, but that was not enough apparently

I was joined by another conscript just prior to the students coming into view. He video taped as I yelled out our position, and displayed the signs. Overall we were not received well, as there were numerous insults, obscenities, and gestures. The crowd was heavily stacked with pro-illegals. DREAM act kids were propelling this event. Some of them got pretty close, and even screamed while I tried to communicate. Eventually the crowd passed us, and things quieted down.
after that, Dan, the other conscript, left to take more video in other locations. He offered to give me a ride, but I stayed to pass out fliers and catch the return crowd. When the event was over, the crowds filtered back and there was some further yelling. Then a more challenging group crossed the street, and began screaming, threatening, and throwing small objects. There were about 10 in all, but out that 5 or 6 were your little shithead variety. They moved in close range and circled to my sides. They started destroying my signs, tried to take all the fliers, and one of those disgusting little retarded punks spit on me. I lost my temper and began retaliating, grabbing the pepper spray from my side and preparing to use it. As I did, one swung at me, but in a half-assed fashion that was probably meant as show. I pushed him and another back using the metal sign like a plow. The cops came over and sent the little devil kids on their way.
There were other encounters, even some with self-admitted illegals who disavowed actions like the previous ones.

Now the good news. There is life out there! I actually got some thumbs up from the kids, and had a few small groups of them come over and say they support us. This is precisely what I was hoping to accomplish here. So the indoctrination is not complete, nor absolute.

The bad news is, my old camera looks like it has reached the end. It's probably a short from the rain. All the video I thought I took is lost, or never taken. My partner got some, but he's pretty new at this, so I'll work on helping him get it in print. The other thing is, the little hand held SOS sign was trampled, as was one of the 4' x 2' ones. It's metal, so the frame is fine, but the backing is gone. I also discovered I stepped on the umbrella in the scuffle and broke that

That's the news for now. I had a few discussions with the usual suspects that produced the usual ramblings of how immigrants built everything...how it was their land, how everyone is an immigrant, and how I'm a hateful, racist, bigot etc, etc, etc,
But they did take fliers today; event the shitheads