View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Yes, Lucerne still has the same things out there. I lived and still own property in Lucerne. It's a place to hide and fan out. As a matter of fact a notice was sent to me a couple of years ago by Code Enforcement. I couldn't believe what they put on the citation. Went out to check it out and my tenant had let about 5 families plant falling apart mobile homes on it. They were being help up by what looked like toothpicks. Well, they were paying him to stay in these make shift holes. I flipped out and kicked them all out that day. They pulled the don't speak English crap and then I went even more over board. If the police had been called, my body would have been taken to jail!
When I first moved out to Lucerne in 1989, my thoughts were the same as yours. The community has so many good people that do wonderful things it was an eye opener. My envolvement with the tweekers was radical also. But that's another story. That got real scary. Those people are crazy!
I believe Lucerne could be a hub for trafficking narcotics to other areas by the illegals.