View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Well, there's no doubt there'd be all manner of prosecutions and, given the Obama Administration, lectures about "vigilantes" and "intolerance," however, it would force him to confront the issue of why the military isn't down there and, instead, warning signs have been placed on the parkland perimeter, advising U.S. visitors to stay out.

As to the status quo, I'm not sure it'll last another 10 years. I think America is about to radically change for the worse, financially. California is headed for the cliff. So are other states saturated with large immigrant populations. Our debt is too substantial; the system of America can't survive the way it's been going. It doesn't mathematically pan out. How this is going to impact things, I can't tell you ... but I think a lot of things are going to change and whether or not we will remain an immigrant haven remains to be seen.

Now, if I'm wrong, if the status quo remains for another 15 or 20 years, I'd say we're toast. Reality: More people will get used to having illegal aliens around, just like younger people are now. Meanwhile, those who are most statistically likely to oppose illegal immigration and amnesty (50 and over) will be dying off.

I oppose amnesty b/c I remember the first one, what it was supposed to do, how royally it failed, and what has become of my hometown as a result. I'm 47. 15 years from now, folks like me will be part of an undersized minority.