View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 PM

Default Sanctuary State for American Citizens

Maybe we should start talking about creating sanctuary places for American Citizens, where our language is protected.

As a teacher out of work, not able to find steady work, I've been noticing that people who are bilingual (SPEAK SPANISH) have no problem finding work.

Personally, I see a problems with this, considering 10 years ago this wasn't a problem and most my age weren't encouraged to learn Spanish in Elementary School, High School, or even College. French actually was more popular and pushed.

Now I"m hearing that teachers are being fired, (in Chicago) because they don't know Spanish and replaced with bilingual (spanish speaking teachers), many of whom who knows how their parents got here, hahah.
WHAT A JOKE!!! Can you imagine going to Mexico and planning on staying there, but not learning their language. Do you think they would start firing their teachers if they weren't fluent in English. To me this is very disturbing and needs to be addressed. A country should protect its native people; that should the top priority, not catering to illegal immigrants. Sorry, but everyone I know that comes here from Mexico legally knows some English.

WE REALLY NEED TO START LOOKING OUT FOR OUR RIGHTS, STAND TOGETHER, and SAY ENOUGHS ENOUGH. HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD TOO!!!

Last edited by Bravo; 03-08-2011 at 08:15 PM.