View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I will be voting against the bill and any others that make dangerous drugs legal. I voted for the legal medical use and look what happened. I voted for the medical use because in a cancer group meeting one of the patients said that was the only thing that gave him relief. Now look at what we have?

Why are we too weak/lazy to protect our citizens from the dangers of drugs? Could it be because our politicians are into the same trade?
I will never consume/smoke any thing that will alter my thinking or reasoning. We need to remember we are not protecting our future children when we allow things to happen.

We gave up on alcohol and look at what we have now. I don't know what would have happened if we had not given up but I did know an alocholic at one time and he was a sad case.

It is sad what people do to them selves but we do have to live with the results.
You are not thinking very hard on this issue. You say you went to a cancer group meeting and just one person saying that they got their sole relief from marijuana was enough to convince you to vote for "medical marijuana"? It never occured to you, not even once, that nobody getting medical marijuana would be getting it just to get high?

We are not too weak or lazy to protect our citizens from drugs, we are just too stupid. The Drug War is the consequence of moral hysteria and has nothing to do with the actual problem of confronting drugs as a source of recreation and all the hazards associated with them. The prohibition of alcohol did not work. Criminalizing alcohol did not work and criminalizing the consumption of cannabis isn't working either. It has made the hazards associated with this plant worse.

Marijuana is a social hazard just like alcohol is a social hazard. But the way to confront them is not by criminalizing them. By making marijuana legal, we destroy the extremely volatile black market and reduce its distribution to community controlled outlets. Once legalized, fewer people will be distributing it and it will be harder to get. School kids say that it is easier to get then alcohol.

In California, the dispensaries are everywhere and everyone with some kind of medical services has got their license to get high. Notice that it's not the end of the world, at least on the consumption side. Nobody is reporting some kind of plague resulting from people smoking "medical marijuana".

The legalization of marijuana will be the beginning of the end of the problem. Once legalized, inside of just a few years, consumption will drop down to less than half of what it is now, especially among young users who will no longer find it as glamorous as it once was. It is the secretive, cult like association around marijuana as a criminal activity that excites their imagination and spikes the effects of being stoned.