View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:02 AM
SOS Associate

Default DREAM Rally In Sac Fails To Inspire

A very weak rally meant to draw DREAM act supporters to the state capitol today was longing for interest. Many of the rally attendees were bussed in from points south as far as LA, but there was little support coming from locals. Their was barely a scant crowd, and not much interest from passers-by.
I listened to the usual drivel about it being for allcommunities, and that it was for America...blah, blah, blah. The whole thing lasted less than an hour and showed the weakened condition of the mexican lobby here.

My video was acting up, and I missed some indicting clips, but here's one I did get. Click on the picture below for video:

Also, at the end, I kept hearing spanish, but couldn't figure out where. Turns out there was a protest across the street by some SEIU janitors and such who had been fired recently because the building changed hands and the new management brought in new, cheaper labor, that didn't demand benefits.
Amazing how indignant mexican immigrants get when they lose their jobs to lower rung workers. Yet they still cling to that foreign tongue

Click on the pic for video: