View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I responded to your post about a "person of color" who wanted a party of "people of color."

If blacks want to have their own political party, who the Hell are you to tell them they can't?

Also, I watched the link and one of the black panelists objected to turning over black kids to someone else to educate and said that black kids should be educated by their parents and the black church. If blacks want to go back to racially segregated education, who are you to tell them they can't do that either?

Post script:

Here is the Black Panther Party website calling for boycotts of non-black businesses.

"THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD."

http://www.dayofactionmovement.org/

Blacks want their own political party, their own schools, their own stores, their own neighborhoods... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL BLACK PEOPLE THEY CAN'T HAVE THESE THINGS?
Don, I agree with you that "if" Blacks want this or that, then they should get it to some degree, but you're assuming that Sharpton speaks for all Blacks and he doesn't. My point is that you stated we are a "White" USA, and we're not. Sure there are plenty of Blacks who agree with Sharpton, but there are plenty who do not. I agree with you that people like Sharption and Jackson are going way over the line with their racist attitudes and those that follow that train of thought are just plain ugly. But I don't feel we would be better off if we were a "White only" country. I would miss having my friends here who are not White. You can feel as you do, and I certainly understand some of your opinion and feelings, but that does not mean I have to agree with them.