View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:54 AM

I read this today concerning a teen age girl, Elly Leyva, earning a spot on USA soccer team that will be part of a pre Olympic tournament in Mexico City next month.

The fact that she is brown is irrelevant to me, and I am happy that having been born in America she is representing America, but the fact that she was picked in part by her race and family ancestral origins is a mockery of the civil rights act. Where's the ACLU?

And why is the Mexican consulate meddling with our affairs?

Quote:
SAN JACINTO: Soccer player competes in Mexican-American Games

..."The event is put on by the Mexican Consulate every year as they look for athletic talent in different sports amongst the Hispanic community throughout the United States," said Walt Guzman, her varsity soccer coach...

...Elly earned her spot on the USA Team at the 2011 Mexican-American Games, which were held last month in Long Beach. She was one of 1,000 girls vying for 18 slots on the team. Players had to be from Mexico or of Mexican origin. Elly's mother, Maria, was born in Arandaz, Jalisco, and her father, Jose, is from Mexico City...

The whole article http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/st...4.37f8de7.html

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.