View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 AM

Default Romney

I didn't say Mitt was the perfect candidate. Like most, in the past, sometimes I have to hold my nose and vote. But as I look at the field and the choices, he looks best to me at this time.

But, this AM Fox news released the latest poll results.Texas Governor Rick Perry skyrocketed past Mitt Romney 27% to 18% with Michelle Bachmann running a distant third. And the others like Ron Paul, Herman Cain and Newt Gingrich down in single digits.

Mitt said on TV, during the debate, that he was for securing the border. His other position on immigration enforcement isn't very clear. However, he seems to be quite a bit more acceptable than Rick Perry on illegal immigration.

It's waste of time to comment on Michelle Bachmann's response to the question: " Was she submissive to her husband" *( Stated long ago in some church group ). Her reply: That's a term of "respect" for my husband". Bernie Goldberg blasted her virtually calling her a hack politician for mixing and churning the meaning of words i.e. submissive and respect are not synonymous and do not have the same meaning.

To explain my support for Romney:

Our present economy is far more dangerous that illegal aliens. I believe Mitt can get it straightened out. From my own perspective, I'm retired and on social security. I do have several investments only ONE of which is making money. One CD is actually paying 0.075$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's 3/4Th's of one percent !!! Obama won't give seniors a SS cost of living adjustment. Says there is no inflation.

My Village property tax increased 13.8% this year. School tax proposed increase was 13%. Gasoline in New Jersey is now $4.85 for regular and New York gasoline is universally 20 cents per gallon higher due to taxes.

I opened "College Fund" mutual funds for three grandchildren several years ago. They have floundered around, breaking even or losing money. Earlier this year they were worth less than my original investment. A month ago they had gained under $100 in value, each. Now recently they have probably lost money again and are surely below original worth.

I'm pretty well set in life. I own my home outright, no mortgage, no credit card debts, no debts at all. I can live on my income and pay my taxes. Some of my grandchildren are just starting in life, two in their early 20's and one teen. All will be faced with this disastrous economic catastrophe in the future.

My criteria for a President is someone who can save the nation from this mess and get the economy back on track. Illegal immigrants are secondary. They do not impact me directly.