View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
In the last two weeks, I have seen many requests for people to sign up for food debit cards. I even get requests in my junk email.

Those who purchase those goodies are as bad as those who are selling them.

There are times when I wish we did not have any aid for anyone however, we cannot punish those who really need and allow the criminals to go. Those who administer these programs are the ones who are at fault. As a country, most of the time I think we go over board with our charity.
That's because we operate our charities like a business. Well, I should say like a government runs a business. They want to get the product into as many hands as possible, because it makes money for some. Let's face it; the benefits game employs millions of people. There's administration, printing, public relations, data entry, etc. All of them likely liberal voters. Also, the municipalities get this money from the states and the feds, so they like it when more of it comes in. To them, it's as free as it is to the recipients. Someone buys something with food stamps, and the owner of the shop is enriched, right? Sure he is, but at the expense of the treasury. If nothing else, Americans have been trained to believe in this sort of short term economic benefit