View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Those I see on a daily basis are all from south of the border, so I can only speak from what I actually see myself. They stand in the food line at the Catholic Church and all have cell phones, late model cars/pickups/vans, are nicely dressed including the kids and only speak Spanish when the talk to each other. I say this from first hand observation.
I don't disagree.

I have seen the same, and I've seen low income and real poverty among American citizens, including Hispanics.

The low income and poverty I've seen among Americans doesn't involve late model vehicles or fashion dress, might not have a car at all and everything else obtained from food to clothing is either scrounged or hard shopped from sales and second hand sources. I believe beaters in the long run cost more than new vehicles, but no credit and no cash means no wheels.

It seems nearly everyone has a cell phone nowadays, with basic pre-paid service models as low as $15.00 each at at least one of the big box stores. The latest hand held wireless internet computer / entertainment center which has a minor function of making phone calls is a different matter altogether.

However, the people You have described above aren't the only group of evidently foreign born who do the same exact thing.

From wherever they come from, they need to go back - I don't care if it's Mexico, central America, the Dominican Republic, the continent of Africa, the Arab countries, European scumbags, or from any country in Asia.

If they are non producing scammers sucking the system dry, they need to go. And government employees who enable them to scam social services and toss out exclusive freebies to them need to become unemployed. They couldn't do it without collusion of local, county, state, and federal employees who make a living redistributing your wallet while serving an agenda. That includes your congressman and senator.

They come from EVERYWHERE. Mexicans are the most noticeable merely due to their numbers.

And while I'm pontificating from my stack of milk crates in my corner, I will add that Puerto Rico needs to be an independent nation making it's own way in the world - no more of the US propping up a Caribbean island of Latin American ingrates.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-30-2011 at 08:00 PM.