View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Not everyone can. You are vetted. If you don't pass muster you are out. A condion is that you do not egage in political diatribe and propaganda.

Some have the disillusion that Infragard is a spy operation on Americans. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not selling Infragard. To each his own. But I can tell you that I am a very dedicated member that respects the principals and thanks them daily for their dedication and service to our country.
Here is the code of ethics posted by InfraGard:

http://www.infragard.com/membership/..._of_ethics.pdf

Quote:
Code of Ethics
As an InfraGard member it is my responsibility to:
• Promote the protection and advancement of the critical infrastructure of the United States of America.
• Cooperate with others in the interchange of knowledge and ideas for mutual protection.
• Support the education of members and the general public in a diligent, loyal, honest manner, and not knowingly be a part of any illegal or improper activities.
• Serve in the interests of InfraGard and the general public in a diligent, loyal, and honest manner, and will not knowingly be a party to any illegal or improper activities.
• Maintain confidentiality, and prevent the use for competitive advantage at the expense of other members, of information obtained in the course of my involvement with InfraGard, which includes but is not limited to:
o Information concerning the business of a fellow member or company.
o Information identified as proprietary, confidential or sensitive.
• Abide by the National and Local Chapter InfraGard Bylaws.
• Protect and respect the privacy rights, civil rights, and physical and intellectual property rights of others.
I don't see anything about "political diatribe and propaganda". It seems to me that you can engage in as much political diatribe and propaganda as you want as long as you do not represent InfraGard while you are doing it, nor do you engage in political diatribe and propaganda while particpating in some activity advancing the interests of InfraGard.

Engaging in political diatribe and propaganda is the right of every citizen of the United States here in these United States. Unless you have some professional obligations, especially if you are a government employee of some kind, then no such restrictions should apply to you. And InfraGard is nothing like a professional position.