View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Of course it is, and under the circumstances you have described, here's how it plays out:

Pablo and Juanita decide they want a better life for themselves and their children Paco, Pedro and Pepe. The parents decide that, in pursuit of this goal, they will unlawfully relocate to the United States and engage in whatever law violations will be necessary to perpetuate the family's existence there.

Pablo and Juanita sneak through Pima County, obtain jobs after settling themselves in an American city, and 6 months later manage to get the kids across the border, as well.

The family avoids detection for X period of time, at the conclusion of which they are "caught." Deportation proceedings for illegal residency commence immediately and it is quickly discovered that Paco and Juanita's children (now adults) were brought in as minors. Resultingly, Paco, Pedro and Pepe are granted permanent resident status, and Pablo and Juanita are deported back home (never to return).

As a direct result of their multiple law violations in pursuance of "The Better Life" objective (Conspiracy, Unlicensed Driving, Fraud, Identity Theft, Employment For Compensation While An Unlawful Resident, etc.) Pablo and Juanita have been rewarded with the following (at a bare minimum):

1. Legal residence in the U.S. for their children.
2. American citizenship for any and all of their grandchildren and family members produced by the grandchildren/later generations.
3. Multiple family members with the ability to obtain U.S. dollars and send them to Pablo and Juanita in the home country.

Essentially, the concept you authored provides the family a smaller reward than the amnesty in '86 or the Bush/Obama "comprehensive immigration reform" scheme, but the pay off for Pablo and Juanita's criminal undertaking is still considerable.
You have the right to disagree with me, that's fine.

When the Mexican grandmother dies, the family is no longer Mexican. In my scenario, grandma ain't around, and familial connections become a distant memory.

Besides, at least until the last few years (with the problems in Mexico becoming intolerable), Mexicans didn't come here for a better life in America. They came to make money and return to Mexico. But they get wrapped up in the convenience of Walmart and rarely make enough money to buy that ranch. The weeks slip into years, and after a while, while not really liking America, they themselves have changed to where Mexico is no longer "comfortable".

And I'm not denying that Mexicans game our system or that there are not criminals among them, they do and there are.

But the adults have the memory of Mexico, the children don't.

If you actually read what I proposed, the criminals and slackers among those brought here as children get sent back with or in addition to their parents. The others are the ones I propose permanent non voting residency for.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-26-2010 at 12:39 PM.