Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Default My Letter to the Signal

Letter I sent to the Signal in response to below:

http://www.the-signal.com/news/article/22886/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Minutemen in the Signal
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:49:36 -0800
To: letters@the-signal.com

I enjoyed returning to my hometown, for the recent anti illegal immigration rally, however I was disappointed to see my hometown newspaper perpetuating uniformed, disproved, negative stereotypes of Minutemen, especially, a with letter sourcing, of all people, George Bush. Is the Signal still waiting for the weapons of Mass Destruction to be found in Iraq?

My husband and I were both member of the Original Minuteman Project founded by Jim Gilchrist. For the past five years we have worked at the Mexican Border in Campo CA. Like Mr. Gilchrist, and many other Minutemen, my husband is a Purple Heart Veteran who took an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, which he continues to do to this day.

In additional to calling in countless of numbers illegal border crossers and drug runs, the Minuteman at Campo have removed tons of trash left on Public Lands by Illegal Border Crossers. My husband attended a Civilian Border Watching Program run by the Yuma Border Patrol and the United States Department of Homeland Security. He was the sole civilian witness to the assassination of Border Agent Robert Rosas by Illegal Border Crossers over the summer. We also monitor and photograph the building of any fencing.

With the the complete disintegration of the Law and Order in Mexico, especially in the border towns, the security of our Border is more crucial than ever.

Name Deleted
Graduate of Saugus High School