View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
It is not irrelevant whether the event committee is open or closed. We have stated from the outset that we invite and welcome participation, and we prove our intent by keeping the door, and opportunity, open to those who wish to be active. If the committee was closed, that would be a relevant factor in why there wasn't any events. However, there have been events. July, August, september, and October, Save Our State held events. It is not unconscionable that we didn't hold events in November and December. The election, the holidays, and the weather are solid factors that planners don't want to compete with. Now here it is January, and we'll be having three more events this month.
We'd like to see more, however, as stated here already, we are a non-profit organization with limited resources at present; we do what we can, when we can, and where we can.

Those are just not very accurate or relevant observations.

- The issue is not, and has not been, events. It is events in So. Calif., where most of our membership resides.
- Being a non-profit doesn't interfere with any of our attempts to stand on sidewalks, wave signs or give speeches. We have just as little funding as we always have.
- The election, the holidays, and the weather explain non-activity since October, not inaction since last spring.
- Open or closed membership in the organizing committee does not prevent the people currently in the organizing committee from organizing. Keeping your door open or extending opportunity is fine and dandy ... and doesn't hinder any person currently in the committee from orchestrating public appearances.

Look, you've answered my original inquiry, so I won't belabor the points any further. If nothing else, this thread has been illuminating as to why we've been in a coma down here; and I mean that without an ounce of sarcasm or hostility. You answered the questions I've had - Thanks.