View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Don we all come here with different levels of opinions as to what will solve our immigration problems. Some of those differences come from our exposure and contact with immigrants, and also how wealthy or poor the area it that we live in. Everything has its positive and its negative, but we are seeing a loss of our culture in many areas. You may be right when some issues are addressed and completely wrong when others are brought into the mix. There is no correct blanket yes or no. You must realize that not everyone has seen exactly what you've seen or heard exactly what you've heard. What we can all agree on is there's been far too many people come here in the last 30 years while our government has looked the other way, and it has impacted the US in a very negative way.
How many "legal" immigrants do you think we should allow into the country to compete with unemployed Americans for jobs, housing, health care and other public benefits?

I would love to have an answer to this question. For years people have taken great pains to clarify that they are not against all immigration, but only against "illegal" immigration. [I guess it's OK if third world hordes come here "legally" to take our country away from us without firing a shot.]

I have repeatedly asked this question: "How many legal immigrants do you want?) As yet I have never received a direct, honest answer.

If you support "legal immigration," please state how many "legal" immigrants you would like to be brought into the country to compete with unemployed Americans for jobs and public benefits?

If you are opposed to all immigration, both "legal" and "illegal", then you're on the same page that I am.