View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post

That's true, but mostly they organize to create labor and services for other immigrants and most of those other immigrants either are themselves illegal immigrants or contribute somewhere to illegal immigration. The single most important contribution to the presence of illegal immigrants everywhere is legal immigrants. Especially from South and Central America here in the US.

So, what is your job and why do you need legal immigrants from Mexico for its very existence?
The gentleman is an attorney, and I believe the employees he speaks of are probably very aware of his beliefs concerning illegal immigration.

The confusion is in the use of the word "Mexican" in a racial sense rather than the more correct meaning of national identity.

As I understood him, most of firm's employees are natural born American citizens whose families may have been here for a century or more, or not. The legal immigrant(s) I assume is/are well qualified for the job and has a skill necessary to the employer.

It is illegal to discriminate against anyone concerning race or national origin. Any employer so blatant to do so will swiftly appear in court.

Being a legal immigrant means all the hoops have been jumped through, a respect for American immigration law. Just because someone has legally immigrated or even grown up among illegals does not indicate that person is sympathetic to the illegal cause.

One legal immigrant from Guadalajara was an active member of Save our State, went to many events.

Lupe Moreno - American by virtue of the 14th amendment as most of us are - has an an anti illegal crusade of her own, and has been a guest at Save our State http://articles.latimes.com/2005/aug...l/me-latinos14.

Then there's American citizen Ray Herrera, whose occupation was destroyed by illegal labor http://unitedstates.fm/ray.htm.

Things aren't so black and white, twoller.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-04-2012 at 06:12 AM.