Thread: Precinct Diary
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
I've worked both in the polls and at the county elections office, and found a lot of errors were getting through. The scanner we used at the polls counted 85 ballots and we could only find 84. The people working the polls were regulars - a clannish group of elderly people. One of them would go thru the write in candidates and bitch if someone wrote "mickey mouse" or "bozo", which happens more often than you know. This was not her business, if you think Bozo is a better candidate than what's running, it's your business.

The manager at county elections told me to scan in people who had voted but hadn't signed the poll book (this is illegal). Apparently the people at some of the polling places did not take care to make sure voters signed the poll book. I saw one of the admin people in the room which housed the main frame computer which tallies all the votes BY HIMSELF and that is against the rules - it's always two people. The Diebold software was flawed and had not been tested for errors. etc, etc...

Read the book Votescam.
I'm hoping to work again, and move up the chain as I do to get a better understanding of what's happening. We had good people, other than the one who flaked, but I fear the results in the ones that didn't. What our REAL problem is, is apathy. We need more in each community involved to keep things honest. Buuuut....people are good at bitching about the course, but don't want to crew the ship.

Welcome to SOS