View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
I think it was pretty orderly, people made due, but then again the country was a lot different back then.
Yes it was. Silver money was still plentiful and gold money was still in use and available. Water in rivers and streams was still generally quite usable and accessible. And wild game was plentiful in most areas. But now there would be much more competition for that which would be readily available. Water delivery systems would remain, but the purification might break down, and paper money might become useless. The dependence issue would really shoot to the forefront of a lot of peoples minds, which could be a good thing in the long run. I don't think it would be terribly orderly this time, what with alot of resources being held by too few controlling agents. Food producers could be besieged, and range wars break out. Sidewalk commandos from inner city areas would be struggling over dominance, and police who had previously been stretched past the point of effectiveness in the past would have to consolidate in strongholds, leaving major areas wide open to resident rule.

If you want to prepare, I suggest studying the history of those who lived through the Watts riots, the King revolt, and the northridge earthquakes, and then double or triple the time frame that took to recover to an acceptible pattern of life.