View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 01:22 PM
SOS Associate

Default Proposal For An SOS Flagpole Event

I'm sure by now everyone knows there has been another death of a Border Patrol agent, and since we already have established a history of commemorating BP agents Killed in the line of duty, I am proposing another commemoration using our golden flagpole, with the BP and American flag flown at half mast. We have a few places we can hold the event:

Right in front of the ICE office/Federal building. there's a grassy area that divides Capitol ave, and gets a bit of traffic as people come from hwy 80 to the state capitol. The antiwar people held one event there already, so I'm sure we can get a permit

The state capitol of course. Using same location we held the AZ flag event.
They're always glad to see us there

In front of City hall here. Might also be good to rub the city's nose in the AZ boycott from earlier this year. I'm thinking we could get a permit to place it right in the quad area. That might be sweet

The sidewalk in front of the federal courthouse here. It's also home to our congresswench and senatewench's office

There's also spots on the sidewalk in front of univision, or another one of the Latino lobby's offices locally.

Input please