View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Here is an article that I read on Yahoo news.

http://news.yahoo.com/john-boehner-c...060600598.html

The article is aptly titled, "How to get John Boehner to cave".

The article raised some accurate points about how Boehner caves when there is a time limit to reach a deal, such as in hurricane Sandy, and the debt ceiling battles.

I don't see a time crunch in regards to amnesty, and poll after poll has shown the vast majority of Americans are hardly focused on it and a new NBC poll that I saw today showed over 52% of Americans are totally against any type of legalization for illegals.

In my opinion the article falls flat when it fails to show how "immigration reform" AKA amnesty would be a win for Republicans. The article try's to say that passing amnesty will by a big face saving win for Republicans when In fact it's quite the opposite. "immigration reform is very unpopular with Republicans and extremely popular with Democrats.

It's even more eye opening to see all the timely coordination and orchestration of new pro amnesty stories being released today in wake of the debt ceiling problem being out of the way for the moment.

If amnesty was so popular, why the need to have such a heavy handed coordination in broadcasting the pro amnesty point of view.

It also doesn't go unnoticed that as of my reading of the article there were around 2300 commentators, overwhelmingly anti amnesty.

Last edited by Greg in LA; 10-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.