View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Phil, I don't think she was implying that. I believe what she's saying is that they're not being honest with themselves or the community. Similar to what Bill Cosby said, that Blacks must first examine what their community is condoning by using the victim mentality. You can not fix something unless you admit that it needs repair. This is true of each of us and society. If we do not recognize or acknowledge our faults, we make no attempt to improve what we souldn't be doing.
I think there is a problem with lumping blacks and hispanics together as a social issue. The problems that African Americans have to deal with have absolutely nothing to do with the complaints made by hispanics. The "hispanics" have nothing to complain about, really. The African Americans, the real African Americans, not African immigrants, have had a lot to overcome and still suffer the reverberations of their ordeal as slaves.

It's true there are a lot of rotten leaders claiming to represent the African American community, but leadership there is tough to find.

But I have to admit, time is running out on African Americans, their communites are becoming increasing blurred and diffused.