View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
AG, your thinking makes sense over the long term, but I'm not going to live that long. Sure California could once return to the way it was, and of course the sooner the better, but the way things are going I'm not holding my breath for it to happen in my lifetime. If that sounds cynical or defeatist I'm sorry, but the reality is that it will take many years to turn things around here. If I had the power to change things sooner I would do whatever I could. I guess I shouldn't say California is lost because that implies it's lost forever, and I couldn't accept that. It's not that I've given up all hope, but other than voting I just don't know what I can do to change the reality of the situation. A few years ago I wouldn't have said this, as we had a viable movement and it looked like we actually had the chance to change things. But now look at how SOS has dwindled as well as other similar movements which we hardly ever hear from anymore. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the line we lost our voice, and I no longer feel empowered to change the direction of this state.

I know you don't appreciate these sentiments, and I really admire everything you've done and continue to do to fight the power. Perhaps if there were more people like yourself we wouldn't be in this mess, but it seems that there either aren't enough people who care anymore, or there is more sympathy for illegal aliens than there used to be. So I'm sorry to sound so discouraged, but I just am.
Phil, you are letting open-borders voodoo run amok in your head. This is precisely what they want. These state legislative remedies are meant to be like Tokyo Rose broadcasts. They mock, they chide, they antagonize. Many of these new signings are laws that go nowhere. the legislature is famous for passing laws that are in practice...useless. Take the license for illegals one for example. The governor stated something to the effect that millions of them would get license. The truth is that there is not millions of them here. We might have 2 million, maybe more, but only the ones who don't have warrants out for them, aren't actively ducking an ICE investigation are going to apply, and many of those aren't going to make the trip because they don't speak enough english to be licensed. We might see 500,000 actually apply and get a license. Not that it isn't an insult to us, but really, it's not as big a blow as having the sky fall.
The reporting of illegals thing isn't going to affect much at all. it'll affect some businesses who are already cheating, so it won't make a real difference to us.

Take a look through these new laws, and you'll see it is much more bark than bite. We can fight back and make them even more useless.