View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 11:08 AM

This was over thirty years ago...

The boss was in a hurry, must have bid the job cheap - he was pushy as hell. I went to drive a six penny duplex nail without setting it and whacked my thumb full boogie on the thumb nail with a 32 ounce waffle headed framing hammer.

After dancing about and slinging my hand around for a while, I dug another nail out of my nail bag with my first two fingers, got the form up against my calf again, put the nail through the hole in the steel stake while holding the nail between forefinger and thumb... and whacked my thumb again.

I did the burn through the nail with a hot pin trick later on that evening.

A few years ago I was working with a tweeker who wasn't paying attention and stomped his right gaff right along side my left index finger as I was belting off. A quarter of inch or so different and I would have lost the first joint of my finger.

I went to a clinic where the doctor shot my finger up, removed the nail, and put a dressing on the bloody mess (didn't need stitches). Getting back to the job, I didn't want to get the dressing dirty, so I taped a piece of rag over it, resulting in a clown like cartoon finger.

At the end of the day, a young man asked me if he needed to move his vehicle (residential Santa Monica) for us. I replied no, and noticed that he was staring at my finger.

So, I began an elaborate, long winded tale of what we were going to do the rest of the week on that street while waving my hand with the bandaged finger around pointing in every direction possible. The man's head bobbed back and forth and up and down tracking that finger... it was hilarious.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 11-29-2009 at 11:14 AM.