View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
There's really not that much for us here Phil,

A private company trying an ad campaign that encourages people to order in a foreign language.

First off, it's not in California, for a change.

Secondly, they don't say they encourage illegals

Third, they are foolishly giving away their products to people who are notorious for getting free stuff. They foolishly believe this will earn them a loyal customer base, and I highly, highly doubt that. What they are going to have is a bunch of freeloaders taking advantage of sleezy generousity. Mexicans are not going to endear themselves to this company after the freebies are gone, and the company is going to find a hole in their wallet in short order
OK, I guess that all makes sense, but it still pi$$es me off. They may not be encouraging illegals, but they are encouraging people to speak Spanish rather than English. Are you sure they're not in California? The article says there are over 100 locations nationwide.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."