View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post

I think it is a poor strategy to confront personalities at public rallies, especially when all they represent is some leadership in some opposition organization.
It might be percieved that way, but I'm not really interested in a personal attack.

The idea is to show the disconnect with reality on an average person's level.

Murguia doesn't seem to me to have much more of a personal connection with contemporary illegals than I do - her background, parents emphasizing education, accomplishments, all that high dollar traveling, the style in which she lives, where she lives...

She doesn't wait for the bus on Roscoe and Van Nuys at six o clock every morning.

And her parents might have even emphasized English - like some Hispanics of older families I know. One of her degrees is in Spanish Language. Why go through all that trouble if she was fluent and not obsessed about race equaling culture, language, and the rest of it?

Her background is not typical of the average child of illegal aliens over the last thirty years or so. What does she really know about the grit of the contemporary barrio? I don't believe she has time in her schedule to do more than listen to a few hyped stories and shake hands while kissing two or three baby's, then it's off to the next speech, fund gathering, or political arm twisting.

And yet her major preoccupation is about race and victimization concerning people whose Mexico is not the Mexico of her parent's memories. And the memories of any of those people are not her memories, she's just borrowing second hand perception as well as borrowing foreign nationality.

An extensive education, an obsessed life mission, and political connections out the wazoo.

She might have been on a totally different path in life if it had been not been for Mecha and Chicano studies in her education.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-31-2009 at 06:07 PM.