View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Default Complicated

I'm probably rankle some here and maybe regret what I'm writing - But !!!!!!!!

Two or three months ago I wrote to Mitt Romney endorsing him. And he answered with a nice two page letter. He outlined his position clearly which I agree with completely. So why Mitt ?

I like him.

He looks Presidential.
He's squeaky clean.
He's been married to the same woman. He has a nice wife who would make a distinguished first Lady.
He has 4 nice sons.
He's successful.
He's rich.
He knows business and economy.
He's experienced, he was a Governor, his father was a Governor.
He's a conservative.
He has the credentials.
He will bring class to the White House.

I agree with his position on at least 80% of the many agendas from health to war, to economy, foreign policy, immigration and the rest. His Mormonism does not bother me at all. I'm 100% completely neutral on the matter of abortion *( even if I am pro-choice ).

So why not someone else ? Newt Gingrich? Rick Perry? Rob Paul? Michelle Bachman? Rick Santorum? Herman Cain? John Huntsman, Donald Trump? I don't dislike any of them. I agree with some and/or most of their agendas depending on the individual. I simply thought, then and now, that Mitt had the best chance of getting nominated, then BEATING OBAMA.

It really isn't important what I think. My vote is so minuscule that it means virtually nothing. It is the preponderance of voters, the majority, that determine the candidate and whether or not he takes office. So the criteria is - first: do I like the candidates agenda? Second: Is he, she electable ?

The opposition says Mitt flip flops. It does seem that he changed opinion and position from years ago. But he learned. All politicians say things that can be interpreted as two sides of an issue. Most promise the moon and "some" deliver little of their commitments. Mitt strikes me as honest and credible. I'm sitting here holding his letter commitment. If he strays I will write to him !!!

Am I trying to sell Mitt to you? Absolutely not. I think anyone should be free to choose whomever he, she pleases. Everyone has their own way of evaluating according to their experience, heritage, personal circumstances, environment. The trick is to get that someone into office.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-01-2012 at 08:59 AM.