View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:16 AM

E-mail to me from Roger.

The 38th District Republican Club met last night.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The furor, anger, and frustration over the mistreatment given to Bob Kellar is NOT over, not by a long shot.

The vile, fraudulent attack in the Tuesday Signal by Bruce McFarland was beyond disgusting. I urge all to write to letter@the-signal.com and label that commentary as absolute garbage not worthy of lining uyour birdcage.

The 38th District Republican Club met last night to recommend endorsements for Santa Clarita City Council. These folks are the Meg Whitman supporters. Ms. Whitman unceremoniously disassociated herself and her campaign from Bob Kellar two days ago. Bad mistake by the Republican candidate for California. Bowing to Democratic pressure, Ms. Whitman has seriously underestimated California voter discontent on the issue of ILLEGAL IMMIGATION. Member Scott Wilk ramrodded through support for the THREE incumbents, Frank Ferry, Marsha McLean, and Laurene Weste, Permission was given to me to speak on behalf of candidate David Gauny, AFTER the 38th members voted like " good ole boys " for the slate of incumbents. And I did address the group and I would like to think I gave them a piece of my mind.

All the candidates addressed the panel, seeking support. Member Joe Messina asked each to opine on what the City of Santa Clarita ad what the Council can do about the problem, includingciting those unscrupulous employers are utilize illegal day laborers, pay no taxes,and depress American wages. I brought up to the group a lot of this business is being done rifght under NO STOPPING ANYTIME signs, along the olkd San Fernando Road

Other than Gauny, incumbents' answers were lame and defective, criss-crossing of wrists as if City hands are tied by Federal law.

Frank Ferry spoke about " the far right wing racist elements of our community coming out of the woodwork in support of Bob Kellar. Nonsense ! Stop calling those who disagree with you a pejorative name, Mr. Ferry. Ferry sounds a lot like Hillary Clinton and her " vast right wing conspiracy " statement in defense of her cheating husband in 1998. Ferry also sounds like he works for illegal alien Los Angeles Cardinal Roger Mahoney, which in fact does in fact work for. He was endorsed last night.

Mayor Laurene Weste, a no commenter on Bob Kellar until now, kept referring to the INS as the agency that needs to deal with the illegal alien problem. The INS? Mayor Weste must have overlooked the fact that
I C E ( Immigration and Customs Enforcement) is the agency that deals with this problem and has since 2003. Mayor Weste has not done her woodwork and continues to deflect City responsibility to another agency. She was endorsed last night.

Mayor Pro Temp Marshal McLean I am convinced does not have a clue how the disastrous effects illegal aliens have on our community. Her answers were vague and weak. She should not be on this Council. . She was endorsed last night by the 38th Republican members.

ALL THREE... Ferry, Weste, and McLean are a part of this problem, not part the solution.

Here is the bottom line, ladies and gentlemen. We will not be shut up, and crowded out by a business as usual attitude. This is a new era. We want our country, State, County, and City back, and we want them back now !

I recommend a bullet vote ( once only) , Tuesday April 13. for David Gauny.

Come hear David speak at the Canyon Country Advisory Committee candidates' forum, Wednesday, February 17, at the George Caravel Center. Starts at PM. Marsha McLean will also speak at the forum, February 17.

Bring friends and supporters. I will be there, too.

Roger Gitlin, Teacher
SCVIMM