View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
Nor should anyone.

There is a genome missing in the followers of this movement. The genome missing is the inability of the followers to question or challenge the people who are self appointed leaders....The fear of being labeled this or that or.....be kicked out of the movement entirely is so great that it has muted common sense....

The followers are so blind to this it is beyond funny as the self appointed leaders have to use divide and conquer tactics to stay in a leadership roles. It should be the responsibility of everyone in this movement, if they truly care about it, to question the leadership. This is not a military operations all though the way these idiots act, they think it is.

This is a political / public relations / awareness campaign and until that is understood, the movement will lose. That leads me to my next questions / thoughts...

Gilcrest wants to put 200 former Marines on the border? You have to ask...for what purpose? If...you plan on doing border operations (observe and report), wouldn't it be much wiser from a political / public relations standpoint to put retired people and other volunteers on the border? I have to ask, why former Marines?

I don't see the political or public relations benefit of this tactic. Marines, former or otherwise (and I am a former Marine), make terrible observe and report personal. Unless Gilcrest is expecting a fire fight, anyone should be able to volunteer for his next project. A decent hunter / outdoors man can easily move into remote areas to observe and report.
Well, if you please; I'd rather the Gilchrist question be brought up in the radio show thread, or starting one up in a different section of the forum.

And I share most of your views on the leadership issue. But that's why those of us who are still here, are still here.